Monday, April 28, 2008

Quick Hits - Monday April 28th

1. This editorial about Essex Council raises is bang-on. Pity the Windsor Star can't raise the same indignation about Windsor City Council back-dooring their $15,000 dollar salary increase through the Windsor Utilities Commission. At least Essex Council conducts their business in public. I believe it was former Councillor Zuk who stated that this raise was a "one-time" thing and would disappear in the future. That was three years ago. I believe the salary paid Windsor Councillors is too low, but in typical Windsor fashion, we're denied the opportunity for any sort of debate or discussion.

2. Windsor 'the most polluted city in North America': RFK Jr. - I guess nobody told RFK about our new marketing initiatives.

3. I'll take whatever I can get.

4. Anti-vomit bylaw questioned - personally, I think we should close off Ouellette every night from 8pm to 5am (May to September) from Wyandotte to University, with the exception of the cross street intersections.

5. I would guess that Guelph is already 3 to 5 years ahead of Windsor.

Downtown debate at Council this evening. Tune it at 6:00 pm.