Monday, October 01, 2007

Idiot

To think of all the time, money and resources expended to get this blowhard elected is depressing. I'm looking forward to the 22nd century, if I live that long, as that will probably be the next time a Conservative will likely be elected in Essex. (not that I consider Watson a conservative - a principle challenged opportunist would be a more apt description)
McGuinty has cash for immigration:

MP Watson says part of $8B in federal funding is meant for refugee claims

"We have to keep this in context," Watson said. "So far, we are talking about just over 200 refugee claimants. This hasn't spiralled to any major flow. The number of refugee claimants is a bit of a red herring."

Watson said he hadn't commented on the issue earlier because it took him time to understand the complexities of the situation.
"This is a complex issue, and one that takes some learning and understanding," Watson said. "I can't be off-handed with a comment to the media. It takes time to do some learning and get some understanding. I am now at a point where I have some of my original questions answered and I can make a comment."

Duncan said taking three weeks to understand the situation means Watson is "behind everyone else in the community.

"It may not be a big thing to Mr. Watson, but this is an extraordinary situation for Windsor," he said. "What's important is that we quit playing political games and start working together."
Three weeks to come up with an answer that makes him look like a pompous ass and incompetent idiot at the same time. That takes a special talent.

As much as it pains me, I agree with Duncan. This isn't about politics, it's about finding solutions to a "complex" problem. That's why we pay MPs a significant amount of money and provide them with an office budget and staff.

Cross posted from BBS