Monday, February 19, 2007

Poll Results

While it may be just an internet poll, at least I have a good idea of the thoughts of this blogs readers.

In terms of open government and accountability this will be an issue that I will continue to follow.

I can't say I'm surprised to see the Auditor General to be the largest result when you combine "All of the Above" and the actual "Auditor General" question. With ongoing questions regarding such things as the Canderel Leases or the Spitfires lease, I think many people would have a greater comfort level knowing that an Auditor General would have the authority to examine such documents. I was surprised to see that the Lobbyist Registrar was not chosen at all. I think that will be one item that I will follow up on for future blog posts. In my own personal opinion, this position ranks second to the Auditor General in terms of open government.