1. Welcome to WE Speak's newest member 4-0 Wonderland.
2. Amen! The sooner the better. A regional approach is a great idea, but regional cooperation shouldn't be used as an excuse to continue studying and delaying a Windsor Auditor General. The Mayor's oft discussed "service delivery review" could begin immediately in the form of value for money audits by the Auditor General. With each passing day I'm convinced that the Mayor and Council are more concerned with the independence of an Auditor General than any cost or organizational factors. Don't forget, an independent Windsor Auditor General could still conduct a WUC audit, regardless of what is contained in the Municipal Audit report we are currently waiting for.
3. WE Speak's Inaugural Windsor Bloggers Meet - 23 Jan, 2008 - Spread the word. All are welcome.
4. Great post at Scale Down Windsor on the After Hours Bar debate. Scale Down contributor Mark Boscariol puts forward a reasonable compromise that balances business and community interests.
5. Windsor Police go online in their hunt for Mohamud Hagi. The site offers a way to submit anonymous tips. Facebook users can help the WPS spread the word. Use the "Share on Facebook" feature to post a note on your profile. Facebook user's networks can be used to quickly spread the word to tens of thousand of users across the Province and country. To create a "Share on Facebook" link in your browser, drag the Share link above to your browser's link bar and drop it there. Now simply navigate to the Hagi site and click the "Share on Facebook" link you just created. This will pop up a Facebook window which will allow you to post a note.
You can also help by joining the official Windsor Police Service Facebook group - Wanted - Mohamud Abukar HAGI, 25yrs - First Degree Murder
Either way, with a couple of quick clicks you can help do your part. (H/T to AM800 news)
6. More on livable, walkable cities from All About Cities blogger Wendy Waters. Personally, I see far more value investing in initiatives along these lines rather than spending hundreds of thousands on "branding" a city in transition.
7. Capitol Theatre open for business.
Update: New East End Arena webcam