Friday, July 27, 2007

Unbelievable

Just got off the phone with Windsor Utilities Customer service and to say I'm shocked is an understatement.

I called looking to find out what the actual new water rate was going to be. Last year's rate was $0.266 per cm. I wanted to have the right info for the spreadsheet calculations that I was doing.

The answer I got was the new rate was $0.266???

The water rate didn't go up - the Fixed Meter charge was increased from $9.56 per month to $16.84 per month. The Water Main Replacement Levy is now 45% of your "Water Charges" (up from 13%), which is comprised of your actual usage in cm times $0.266 PLUS the Fixed Meter Charge.

I could shut off my water and not use a drop for the whole month of August and still have to pay $5.43 more per month than what I'm currently paying using 21cm.

Why even bother trying to conserve? It doesn't mean a damn thing.

Excuse me while I go outside to scream for a while.