Sunday, December 24, 2006

Shopping Day

I had to laugh when I saw this comic in Saturday's Windsor Star.

I first started shopping on Christmas Eve back in 1996. That time it was by necessity rather than choice. I was working a lot of hours and just never got around to getting all my shopping done.

That Christmas Eve I got to the mall around noon and had all my shopping done in about an hour and a half. Dropped everything off at the wrapping table and by 2pm I was done. I had a ball that day as most of the other people I met in the mall were other guys. Coworkers, friends from the Navy, and others I hadn't seen in a while. A bunch of us ended up having a few beers together to round out the day.

Ever since, Christmas Eve shopping has been my personal tradition each year. I wouldn't have it any other way.

See ya at the mall!